Attorney John F. Riley, Jr. joined Moore, O'Brien & Foti in October, 2019, after working with the Balzano and Tropiano Law firm for six years. He was previously a partner in the litigation firm, Loughlin Fitzgerald for seven years. Prior to that Attorney Riley had practiced with O'Donnell and Riley, LLC for fourteen years. Attorney Riley has tried a large number of cases to verdict and has represented clients before many state administrative agencies. His past recoveries include a $540,000 jury verdict for a client injured in an automobile accident, a $750,000 arbitration award for injuries sustained in a slip and fall incident, and a $1,000,000 settlement for a pedestrian struck by a motor vehicle.
Attorney Riley is a court appointed arbitrator for all judicial districts within Connecticut and serves as a hearing officer for the Hamden and Branford Boards of Education. His practice also includes serving as a private arbitrator and mediator.
Attorney Riley has been active as a volunteer coach for the Hamden Father's Softball Association, the Hamden Soccer Association, and the Hamden Regional Youth Basketball League. He also volunteers with American Lab Rescue, helping find homes for unwanted and neglected Labrador Retrievers.
Attorney Riley received his B.A. from the University of Connecticut in 1985 and graduated from the Bridgeport School of Law in 1992. He is a member of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association and the New Haven County Bar Association. He currently resides in Hamden with his wife and three daughters.
Current Employment Positions:
- University of Bridgeport School of Law, Bridgeport, Connecticut
- J.D. - 1992
- University of Connecticut
- B.A. - 1985
- Connecticut, 1992
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1993
- Hamden Father's Softball Association, Volunteer Coach
- Hamden Soccer Association
- Hamden Regional Youth Basketball League
- American Lab Rescue, Volunteer
- Davis v. Fracasso, 59 Conn.App. 291, 756 A.2d 325, 2000
- Mantovani v. Yale Univ. Judicial District of New Haven at New Haven, Docket # MMY-CV-05-5000480 S, 2007
- New Haven County Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member