Gregory E. O'Brien
Gregory E. O'Brien, along with Garrett M. Moore, is a founding member of the law firm of Moore, O'Brien, Jacques & Yelenak. Mr., O'Brien received his undergraduate degree from Providence College (B.A., 1983) and his law degree from Quinnipiac Law School in 1987. Mr. O'Brien graduated from law school magna cum laude and was an associate editor of the Law Review.
Mr. O'Brien was admitted to practice law in Connecticut State Courts and Federal District Courts in 1987. He is certified as a civil trial advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, the certification of which requires the applicant to pass a rigorous written test, demonstrate a record of extensive litigation experience including numerous trials to verdict, and demonstrate compliance with the highest ethical standards of the profession.
Mr. O'Brien is also a member of the Connecticut Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates, a select group of 25 plaintiff trial lawyers and 25 defense trial lawyers, all of whom are generally recognized as among the best trial lawyers in the State of Connecticut.
Mr. O'Brien is also a member of the Board of Governors of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, which is currently comprised of members all of whom are generally recognized as among the top personal injury trial lawyers in the State of Connecticut. Mr. O'Brien is also an active member of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association and sits on several committees of the organization. He is also a member of the American Association for Justice
Mr. O'Brien has also been named as one of New England's "Super Lawyers" in 2008 and 2009 by Connecticut Magazine. Only five percent of the attorneys in Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine are chosen each year for this high honor.
Mr. O'Brien is also an active seminar speaker and lecturer in the areas of trial practice and procedure. He has also served as an arbitrator for the Connecticut Superior Courts.
Mr. O'Brien specializes in the area of civil trial advocacy for personal injury victims, including automobile and truck collisions, premises liability, construction accidents, municipal liability and product defect claims. Mr. O'Brien has obtained many substantial verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients in every area of his practice over the last 23 years.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury - Plaintiffs
- Motor Vehicle Collisions
- Construction Site Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Municipal Liability
- Products Liability Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Connecticut, 1987
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1988
- Quinnipiac College School of Law, Hamden, Connecticut - 1987
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Ranked Third in Graduating Class
- Law Review: Quinnipiac Law Review, Associate Editor
- Providence College, Providence, Rhode Island
- B.A. - 1983
- Seminar Speaker and Lecturer, Trial Practice and Procedure
Honors and Awards
- Named by Connecticut Magazine as One of New England's "Super Lawyers", 2008 - 2009
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Governors
- American Association for Justice
Past Employment Positions
- Connecticut Supreme Court, Law Clerk